Hand in Hand
Night Adult Class
Kid Class Lesson
Junior Class Lesson
Mon - Fri :
4:00pm - 9:30pm
2:30pm - 9:30pm
Sat / Sun :
10:00am - 6:30pm
Classes are an hour and half in length
Commonly Asked Question
1. Why should I learn (insert second language Japanese, Spanish, French, etc)?
When you learn a new language, you are not only learning about an entire new culture but an entirely different perspective on the world. This in turn builds "bridges" with nations around the world ultimately providing the foundation towards a peaceful world. In addition, the more the second language differentiates from your native language you begin to use your brains full potential. Similar to lifting weights for your muscles, learning a second language provides exercise to your brain enhancing its performance.
2. How long is the program? How many hours of instruction are there?
The program last 8 weeks with 1-2 lessons each week. Group lessons are 90 minutes and private lessons are 60 minutes each. Whether you come once or twice a week depends on your goals. If you are preparing for a short travel once a week will suffice. On the other hand, if you are preparing for a Test, twice a week is recommended. Group lessons contain at maximum 5 to 6 students.
3. How much does the program cost?
Once a week Group Lessons are $240 for 8 weeks. Twice a week sessions receive a 10% discount. Private lessons are $40/hour. Registration fee is $10 and Material Fee is $25 for the entire year.
4. Where are classes held?
We have two locations: one in Newport Beach and the other in West Los Angeles.
5. What kind of materials are we expected to learn?
Depending on your goal, the use of textbooks vary. Contact the office for more information.
6. Is one-on-one instruction possible?
7. I'm only available (insert one day of the week), can I still apply for this program?
Sure. Private Instruction has a very flexible schedule that adjusts to your needs. You may come whenever you're available.
8. Can children study? Is there an age limit?
Our programs start from children age 4-5. It is said however, that the best age for children to being learning a second language is 10-12 years old.
9. I'm neither a beginner nor expert of the language however, i wish to increase my current (insert language) level. Are there intermediate courses I can just jump into?
Our program is divided into 4 different levels: Introductory, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advance. If you're completely new to the language Introductory course is for you. Beginner studies prepare one for the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam (JLPT) 5. Intermediate JLPT 4, and Advanced JLPT 3 and above. You may enter in any level you feel is right for you.
10. How do I apply?
You can apply on our website or by phone.
11. When can I start?
You may start anytime! Please refer to our calendar to gain an idea of when our group classes are available. If you begin in the middle of one of our sessions the total price of tuition will decrease accordingly. Example) If you join during the 4th week of a session, the first 3 weeks worth of pay will be deducted.
12. Am I expected to buy course materials? Or are textbooks, etc provided? How much will I be expected to spend on materials?
Yes. Students are responsible for buying the required textbooks themselves. Material Fee only covers printouts/handouts the instructor provides in class. Price of materials vary on study plan.